Sunday 3 September - The 18th annual Wychwood Forest Fair! 11am-5pm, Standlake Road, Ducklington
10th June to 19th September Discovering Wychwood: Living and Working in a Royal Forest at Oxfordshire Museum, Woodstock, OX20 1SN
Find out what your life would have been like if you lived in West Oxfordshire in 1851 when it was still a Royal Hunting Forest. How would you have lived, worked and spent your recreation time? Find out what happened to the Royal Forest, how it came to a sudden and dramatic end and how its fortunes shaped the West Oxfordshire we know today.
With rural craft demonstration days on Saturday 8 July, Saturday 29 July and Saturday 19 August. Entry to the museum is free and there is plenty more to see, with eleven galleries displaying art, archaeology, local and natural history. You can also enjoy the Garden Cafe for delicious cakes, savoury snacks and a selection of beverages. The museum will be open until 8pm on the first Thursday of May, June, July, August and September in 2017. There will be special events planned for these evenings.
- 26 April Riverfly monitoring workshop - this course is now full, another date will be announced soon; more information from firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 May Oxfordshire Waterblitz; to register email Hilary@wildoxfordshire.org.uk and she will send you the water testing kit.
- 20 May 12 noon to 2pm Opening of the restored washpool at Sarsden with a demonstration using local sheep; a talk from an expert on Cotswold sheepwashes and an exhibition of hurdle making. Washed down with locally brewed cider and a selection of local bread and cheese! see www.churchillheritage.org.uk
- 10 June Launch of the Wychwood Exhibition at Oxfordshire Museum
- 16 June Open Day, Ascott-u-Wychwood, details to be confirmed
See our Volunteering page for regular outdoor work parties that you can get involved with. If you are interested in joining a special interest group such as hedgelayers, drystone wallers and Bird Aid, see 'Our Work' page for more information or contact us on 07584 262437 (Mon, Tue, Thurs 9.30am-4pm) or email email@example.com